Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB Midi Clock runs at 2x or 4x with Deluge
(01-05-2020, 11:25 AM)mbessey Wrote: I ran into an interesting issue while traveling with my NDLR and my Synthstrom Deluge. If I use USB Host mode on the Deluge to power the NDLR and connect to the Deluge, then the MIDI clock runs at 2x or sometimes 4x the tempo setting on the NDLR. At home, I have everything connected with MIDI cables, and the clock sync works as expected.

I would guess that the NDLR is sending clock messages out on all USB MIDI devices, and the Deluge is interpreting them as coming from the same device (since its USB Host mode doesn’t really support multiple devices).

There are various workarounds, including not connecting USB between the devices, but it is a pretty convenient setup otherwise, in that I don’t have to carry around a separate power supply for the NDLR, and a 5-pin MIDI cable. It’d be nice to have an option on NDLR to not send clock messages to all USB devices, maybe automatically if all parts are routed to USB1, for instance?
maybe you can have another result by setting the Deluge Tempo magnitude feature?

Messages In This Thread
RE: USB Midi Clock runs at 2x or 4x with Deluge - by racecube - 01-06-2020, 05:20 AM