Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
M-Audio Keyboard setup
(09-14-2020, 12:32 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 12:43 PM)marcoiozzi Wrote: Hi Jesse, 
I'm a little bit ashamed but I'd need your help again, if you don't mind.
Thanks for the suggestions on the chord sequencer, actually yes after a little bit of getting used to it it's actually quite powerful and makes sense.
However, I still have problem trying to connect my M Audio midi keyboard to the NDRL so that I'm able to change chords. I bought a midi cable which is in port MIDI IN A of the NDRL.
For the M-Audio, I have a software (preset editor) in which I assign the GLOBAL MIDI to channel 15. In menu 1 of The NDLR I use 15All for NDLR control and 16KbTrans as well as WhiteandBlk keys for KBControl (MIDI OUT is on ALL PORTS)
Unfortunately i can play on my keyboard but chords don't change. I also tried to mess around in Logic and the Midi Audio Setup but I can't seem to understand where I have to put channel 15 on my Keyboard so that I can change chords from it.
I'm really sorry as it might be straight forward but I'm not a very tech guy and new to this.
thanks

Marco
Hey again Marco,
That certainly sounds like it should be working for you, I wonder what the issue is? I guess we should just double check that things are connected properly to start with, sorry these are going to be totally obvious questions but sometimes things just get overlooked.
Things we need to check:
  • The keyboard it plugged in to power
  • Midi cable is plugged into the output (make sure it's the out and not the Thru) of the controller and the input of the NDLR
  • Double check that the MIDI channels are not reversed (CRTL is 15 and Transpose is 16 not the reverse)
If that is all a-ok then we may need to use a freeware midi monitor like midiox to make sure it's transmitting the right info on the right channel. Download that app and run it and with the MIDI keyboard connected to the computer via usb, click options and then the MIDI Devices option. select your keyboard in the inputs section and hit ok. Then if its not open already you can open the midi input monitor (4th menu icon from the right in the menubar below the file menu, red banner terminal icon). Now if you press a key it should show the info for that note data on the MIDI monitor, just ensure that it's sending on the correct channel (the 7th column of data is labeled channel make sure that's 15).

If that is all correct, report back and I'll try to think of what else it might be.
Thanks,
Jesse

Hi Jesse,
as usual thanks for replying and trying to help so kindly.
You did the right thing to even mention the obvious things, but in this case it was all as it should have been.
So NDlR configured to send on Midi 15, midi cable out from my M Audio keyboard going inside Midi Port A.
I have a small app to configure the Keyboard and as you can see from the picture i set the channel to 15 (nothing changes)
i also opened the MIDI Setup on Mac and as you can see i can change the channels the keyboard transmits or receives, tried to put 15 obviously but,
once i start one of the 4 tracks, the chord does not change no matter which key i press on the keyboard.

The app you mentioned, MidiOx is not available for Mac, so maybe i need something else ? I thought though i could have done everything either inside Logic (assigning the channels for the 4 tracks is pretty straightforward) or via the Midi Audio Setup, but i can't get it to work as it is right now. Maybe it's something very stupid, but i can't get my head around it. Do you have any other ideas ? customer on a Mac with a midi keyboard that maybe went through it already ?

pretty weird,
thanks again

marco

Messages In This Thread
M-Audio Keyboard setup - by marcoiozzi - 08-16-2020, 07:53 AM
RE: M-Audio Keyboard setup - by Jesse Johannesen - 08-16-2020, 04:20 PM
RE: M-Audio Keyboard setup - by marcoiozzi - 08-19-2020, 06:42 AM
RE: M-Audio Keyboard setup - by Jesse Johannesen - 08-19-2020, 01:07 PM
RE: M-Audio Keyboard setup - by marcoiozzi - 08-19-2020, 01:12 PM
RE: M-Audio Keyboard setup - by marcoiozzi - 09-13-2020, 12:43 PM
RE: M-Audio Keyboard setup - by Jesse Johannesen - 09-14-2020, 12:32 PM
RE: M-Audio Keyboard setup - by marcoiozzi - 09-15-2020, 08:35 AM