Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with simple sequencer setup (model:cycles)
2- quantization. Your description of quantization being a delay is pretty accurate. It converts continuous time events to discrete time events. So, actions are delayed in sounding until the next discrete time interval occurs. For example, you can press and note on your KeyStep mid-beat and it won't change the selected chord degree until it makes sense to on the quantization interval. Allows for people without impeccable timing chops to make decent music.

When I use an external sequencer to sequence chord changes, I place the chord change note on the 16th note before the measure I want it to sound on. Makes everything change simultaneously, like Pads, Drone, and Motifs, all together. Also, keep in mind that the Chord Type must be latched in before Chord Degree, if you want to change the Type. I program my sequencer with a Chord Type note a 16th note before the Chord Degree note (which comes a 16th note before the next measure).

Hope this makes sense. If not, just ask.

HdK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need help with simple sequencer setup (model:cycles) - by House de Kris - 02-03-2021, 08:55 PM