Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
using vst sequencer to control ndlr in fl studio
Yes, it is indeed true. A chord may look like three notes start simultaneously, it may sound that they start simultaneously, but the data truly trickles down the cable one command at a time. Like turn on a note, or turn it off.

I have a deluge, too. So I made some simple chords and monitored the MIDI data coming out it. With a fresh clip set to MIDI channel 1, I placed a C-E-G chord in the fourth beat for a quarter note each. Ran it multiple times, always was transmitted in C4, E4, and G4 order. The note off commands came in the same order. Didn't matter which order I hit the pads when entering the notes on the grid, it was always C4, E4, and G4. OK, looks like a lower number priority scheme is used to determine who goes first.

Next, I had just a single C4 on ch1, then put another C4 at exactly the same spot on ch2. This time it sent ch2 C4 followed by ch1 C4. I added another MIDI channel with a C at the same beat as the others. This time it sent ch3 C4, ch2 C4, and then ch1 C4. From this, I jump to the conclusion that higher order MIDI channels have priority when being transmitted.

I'm sorry, but I'm not exactly clear on what your question is precisely. I can tell you that for generative stuff, I use probability in the deluge to control the NDLR. For me, this works great. How to get various pieces of software to play together nicely is beyond me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: using vst sequencer to control ndlr in fl studio - by House de Kris - 02-20-2021, 02:06 PM