Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NDLR internal clock vs CTRL cc #72
(03-15-2021, 09:15 AM)House de Kris Wrote: "When I patch my octatrack to the NDLR ctrl track....and set my NDLR to internal clock...then midi cc #72 should *not* override the NDLR’s internal clock...."

My user manual indicates that CC#72 is used to set the tempo of the internal clock. It appears you are suggesting that it should not set the tempo of the internal clock. Is that right? If so, it is not clear to me what your expectations for CC#72 should be then. As an easier solution, just don't issue a CC#72, and all should be golden, right?

HdK
hey thanks for your feedback and I get what you are saying.

The issue I have with that.

when you are distributing the cc on advanced setups this can cause unwanted behavior...and again maybe I see things from a different perspective. When a clock is set to internal, then the clock remains internally set regardless of the midi cc. On most days the midi cc #72 is convenient, but having an option to ignore/interpret this midi cc on the NDLR's settings would be great...especially when dealing with higher level midi sequencers.

Say with a Roland MV8800 for instance, the remote setting was different in that it would accept start/stop but its BPM setting was independent.

the other idea that could also be of value is to have a coefficient variable that lets the user set the divide/multiple for the midi cc or incoming clock...in the same manner as the clock in cv.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NDLR internal clock vs CTRL cc #72 - by Ghostz_of_Moar - 03-15-2021, 01:42 PM