Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having some Issues with NDLR and VCV Rack
(05-02-2021, 02:30 PM)GreatSphynx Wrote: Thanks for the info Jesse, I appreciate it.
For the time being the device is still a lot of fun to use and get ideas with, but in the future it would definitely be great to get some more robust options or settings with regards to handling the note on/off information. I figured it was a combination of how NDLR sends its data and how VCV processes it, so good to know I wasn't that far off. Appreciate the responses, and if you need someone to help test beta firmware with VCV Rack let me know Wink

I don't think there will be settings to choose from, any change will be global and permanent. The issue seems to be on the receiving end as Steve mentioned that there is no minimum time to wait between note on and off according to MIDI specifications, so gear should be able to process that without issue. We've just noticed the issue on more than one piece of gear, and figured we'd see if this solves it. 

I'll ask Steve regarding testing it and PM you if he's down. Otherwise it'll likely be posted soon.
Jesse

Messages In This Thread
RE: Having some Issues with NDLR and VCV Rack - by Jesse Johannesen - 05-03-2021, 05:52 PM