Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clock divider
(08-26-2021, 07:21 AM)Flounderguts Wrote: I've been trying to avoid the ERM.
I might be able to get a MIDIPal/MIDIGal to do it, but I was hoping to use the MRCC for master clock...if I have multiple tempos going in and out, it's difficult to keep straight.

Many of the devices I have only use MIDI for clock info (Electronix MOFX for instance). I may have to build a MIDI breakout box that divides the clock signal, but if there's any other data (such as transport CC) then it would also get changed.

I have an E-RM Multiclock and a pair of MRCCs.  IMHO, it's preferred to let each device shine and do what it does best.  The separate controls and extra parameters and start/stop buttons right on the front panel (plus the BPM info, etc) of the E-RM make it very easy to send 4 different clock divisions out.  The MRCC routing and merging means I can merge an E-RM clock signal with a regular MIDI note/CC datastream very easily and not have to think twice about the setup.

Yes, if the MRCC clock had external sync and responded to MIDI start/stop/continue that would make some things easier.  However, the arpeggiators in the MRCC *do* sync to an external clock, so if you are using them, you can keep those in sync.

Messages In This Thread
Clock divider - by Flounderguts - 08-22-2021, 07:13 PM
RE: Clock divider - by User - 08-23-2021, 12:35 AM
RE: Clock divider - by Jesse Johannesen - 08-23-2021, 10:04 PM
RE: Clock divider - by Flounderguts - 08-26-2021, 07:21 AM
RE: Clock divider - by oldgearguy - 08-27-2021, 01:51 AM
RE: Clock divider - by Jesse Johannesen - 08-26-2021, 06:41 PM