Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need a more detailed explanation of using the MRCC with a DAW (Logic)?
Wink 
So there is this entire category of threads on using the MRCC with a DAW, but I haven't been able to find anything that clearly explains how to use the MRCC with a DAW (in my case Logic 10.7 MacOS Monterey). I have read through a bunch of threads with people having the exact same issue as me.  I have found the MRCC quite capable in a DAWless setup, and am using my new Hapax quite favorably with the MRCC to control and sequence 10 different hardware synths. I cannot for the life of me figure out at all how to get Logic to do anything with the MRCC.  I gave up on trying to get Logic to see my Kronos Keyboard through the MRCC and have once again got it connected separately via USB and am using the DIN connection for the MRCC. Not cool, but okay. AudioMidi sees the MRCC and all the other synths.  When I route Logic back to the MRCC, the activity and routing window shows activity, but nothing is coming through the MRCC to trigger any of my hardware synths on any channels. I have checked the MRCC Filters page and have no filters applied. I have Logic Midi out set to MRCC Port 1.  I have tried it with the green button set to port 1, and other ports. The blue button set to port 1, and all other ports. Nothing works.  

I know other people have ended up doing a Zoom session with Jesse to figure this out, but should it really be this difficult?  It is not self-explanatory in the least, and I can't find a single source of good information on how to get this set up.  I am glad I kept the box, because if I can't get this figured out, I will need to return this, which I'd rather not do since it is working so well in the hardware world and it seems like it should her a no-brainer.

I really hope there is something simple I am missing.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
I need a more detailed explanation of using the MRCC with a DAW (Logic)? - by MichaelJK1963 - 11-07-2022, 09:51 PM