Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need a more detailed explanation of using the MRCC with a DAW (Logic)?
I just wanted to follow up with a response to Jesse's information by adding it to this thread for the community of MRCC users (and some things I've learned specific to Logic on a Mac).

I followed your suggestions, and now am able to trigger notes on my hardware synths.  I still don’t fully understand the “port” and “channel” distinction, but am able to trigger different sounds on different tracks regardless of whether I use the same port or a different port, but still use a different channel dedicated to a given synth. It really helped to know that when I was holding down the blue button on the PC Port and then selecting a port on the MRCC , I was actually not choosing a different channel, but instead was choosing a different port, and wasn’t then telling Logic what port to find, just the channel. Just to be clear, is the “green” button what I use to select the “port” I am using to send midi to my Mac and the blue button what I use to select  port and channel for Midi coming out of my Mac to the MRCC and then the synths connected to it? 

Also, one thing about Logic that I have learned, which is really strange, at least when working with the MRCC, is that, even if you change the midi out selections in the inspector, it doesn’t relay that information to the track.  Instead, you have to call up the “External Midi Instrument” window and make the change there, which is not then reflected in the inspector, for reasons that have nothing to do with Conductive Labs, but thought you might want to know this for others.

Lastly, I am bypassing using the MRCC for sending midi to Logic because I could not get Logic to recognize my main midi controller (Korg Kronos), so am instead just using a direct USB connection from the Kronos to the Mac for this.  That’s okay,  but I am sure there is a way to use the MRCC for this and could use some help on this because I also have a Hapax sequencer and three other midi controllers/sequencers (Linnstrument, MatrixBrute and Electron A4) that I want to use to communicate with my Mac without having to bypass the MRCC to do this.  If you have a simple suggestion for this, I’d really appreciate it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I need a more detailed explanation of using the MRCC with a DAW (Logic)? - by MichaelJK1963 - 11-09-2022, 08:11 AM