Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strymon Nixie Editor
(06-30-2023, 01:25 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: I don't know for sure but it sounds like the issue could be to do with SysEx. From what I understand, the SysEx files can be larger packets and when sent via USB over a certain packet size it can cause problems, these can be avoided usually by adding a small delay between packets, and keeping the packet size to a limit of (I think) 256 bytes. Some software lets you edit those settings but not always.

interesting.  I suspect this application is super picky.  I don't think it gives any options like that either.  It doesn't even let you specify what midi device for input/output.  It just works or it doesn't.  It is cool but I don't think Strymon put a lot of effort into it.  I suspect most people who use these pedals are guitar players who don't want to bother with it or people who use them as studio tools and just deal with the pedal interface.  I'm happy with my solution.  I have connected a ton of gear and everything else has worked great so far through the mrcc units I have.  

One other thing that tripped me up was connecting a nanosynth, but I didn't know the ouptput acts like a thru and anything passed in goes right through.  That was causing some wonky stuff but then I realized I don't need midi from that thing.  

So some advice I can give is if you don't need midi out of a device, best idea is probably to just not even connect it.  I guess same goes for midi in.

Messages In This Thread
Strymon Nixie Editor - by Archon - 06-29-2023, 08:20 AM
RE: Strymon Nixie Editor - by Jesse Johannesen - 06-30-2023, 01:25 PM
RE: Strymon Nixie Editor - by Archon - 07-06-2023, 06:01 PM