Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need a more detailed explanation of using the MRCC with a DAW (Logic)?
thanks for the info Jesse.

just FYI this is all pre-purchase research for me. i don't own either unit.

currently using a MOTU midi timepiece AV.. have used Logic AMT8/Unitor8 MKII in the past when i had larger midi set ups. currently just a couple hardware synths + drum machine.

the reason i ask about audio/midi set up in MacOS is that in order for any ports to show up in a DAW you have to have them patched in audio midi set up first. w/o setting up audio midi set at the OS level your midi devices/ports will not show up in the DAW. at least, that's the way it's always been in MacOS.. at least since Core audio.midi came into the OS.. (before that Logic's Environment window handled the plumbing). i don't think that's changed but i could be wrong. i'll check that out later and see what happens.

the reason i'm looking at the conductive labs stuff is for quickly switching between a couple possibilities.. sequencing/clocking from DAW -> hardware synths/drum machine. and the other is sequencing from drum machine (which is also a midi sequencer) w/o having to repatch midi cables and use a thru box.. which i have owned for ages.

if i can recall 2 set ups from a conductive labs device and be ready to go in a moment that's preferable.

i do wish they were labeled in the opposite way though so they looked like a midi patch bay.. patching from out to in to make connections for sequencing. does my head in a bit.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I need a more detailed explanation of using the MRCC with a DAW (Logic)? - by dayyob - 09-03-2023, 05:16 PM