Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need a more detailed explanation of using the MRCC with a DAW (Logic)?
So the short answer is "No".
The slightly long answer is that in some scenarios you can use the MRCC in lieu of the Audio MIDI setup page by using the virtual ports as a way to route MIDI data outside that menu system.

If we look at the layout of the MRCC routings like this:

Computer
                                        |
                                   PC ports
IN1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12.        OUT1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12

DINInput1,2,3,4,5,6.        DIN Outputs1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12

It's easier to see what I mean. We can have multiple pieces of software listen to input ports of the MRCC, so Ableton could listen on PC port 1 and 2, (in and out), with Reason on Port3 in and out, etc. and we could connect them so that Reason out (port 3) is connected to Ableton in on Port 2. We could do that simply with a few button presses on the MRCC front panel after the software is configured initially. Thus the requirement for internal routing is bypassed in this scenario. It would be like drawing a thread between PC out 3 and PC in 2 in the pic above.

We could probably do this in the Audio MIDI menu on the Mac, but without the convenience of using the tactile immediacy of the MRCC port routing, and I don't have any way to say how easy or robust the methods available are, as I am little experienced with them, so for more info you'd probably need to look at the Mac documentation on the subject.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I need a more detailed explanation of using the MRCC with a DAW (Logic)? - by Jesse Johannesen - 09-23-2023, 07:21 PM