Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MRCC and Sample Accurate Clock
(09-28-2023, 11:21 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: The round trip latency (PC to MRCC out the DIN port, back into DIN port and back to the PC) takes a pretty consistent 1.5 to 2 ms, if I remember correctly. I haven't used the MRCC with an ERM /Sample accurate clock, so I can't really reply to that.
Funny thing about the lack of DAW vids is that Steve doesn't own any DAWs that I'm aware of. Pretty sure I'm the only one in the company with a DAW actually. I haven't had any luck getting Reaper up and running, so I can't help there, but I have live and it's pretty simple there. You just pick which Virtual ports you want to monitor and send to in the Preferences menu, and make sure the boxes are checked for clock sync and transport, then in the channel strip you can set input ports and channels and output ports/channels.

The only tricky part is wrapping your head around the routing system for the Virtual Ports. It's like this:

PC connection
                                                                    |
MRCC PC IN 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12      PC Out 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

MRCC DIN IN 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 USB IN A, B, C, D,      USB OutA1-4, B1-4, C1-4, D1-4 MRCC DIN Out 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

You can connect any of the bottom row inputs to the top row inputs, or the bottom row outputs. You can connect any of the top row outputs to any of the bottom row outputs. The top row is what you connect to in the computer, but then you still need to take the extra step to connect the PC ports to the other ins and outs to pass signal to and from hardware devices. Feel free to reach out to me via the Support@conductivelabs.com email if you need any help with it. I can take a minute to set up a zoom call and show you if it's not clicking here.
Jesse

Thanks so much Jesse, much appreciated! All you've said makes sense conceptually - I'm sure it will be clear after I've read the manual and played around a bit. I'll definitely be in touch as you've kindly suggested if I'm still having problems.

Cheers,
Nick

Messages In This Thread
MRCC and Sample Accurate Clock - by nicuronium - 09-27-2023, 05:03 AM
RE: MRCC and Sample Accurate Clock - by nicuronium - 09-29-2023, 12:46 AM