Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem syncing MRCC MIDI clock to DAW (Reaper)
So, I'm not familiar with any DAW, really, than Studio One, but word on the Midronome pages is that only about 3 DAWs will track external MIDI clock, even though they all generate it.  Ableton Live is one that will, supposedly.  I had hoped you could sync two DAWs together, and apparently there used to be a program, ReWire, to facilitate that, which has been abandoned.  I can't comment on ERM, although I believe most of the basic structural process is similar to the Midronome, i.e. you generate an audio sync pulse in your DAW (either specially generated audio track, or plug-in generated signal) that uses an output of your interface to feed the device, which then feeds everything else downstream.  In the case of MIDI it would be merged in the MRCC with any other sources to clock your synths.  Although I haven't tried this yet, a recent update on the Midronome also uses its USB connection to act as a MIDI interface for the two DIN outputs.  Hope that helps, I'm far from the world's expert on these things.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem syncing MRCC MIDI clock to DAW (Reaper) - by Dark Waves - 11-11-2023, 11:37 AM