Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Start/Stop Issues
I have encountered some issues which make the NDLR suboptimal for live use. Sometimes my live use case involves Chord Sequencing, and sometimes it involves controlling the chords from my Roland bass pedals.  

When the NDLR is slaved to the MIDI input clock, it does not respond to the standard Start/Stop commands. In some respects, this makes sense, because there is no way for the one MIDI command to indicate which (or all) of the parts to start. However, what does not happen that really should is the Chord Sequencer doesn't start or stop. If it did, it would allow the NDLR to be ready to switch in and out the various parts.  In this case, it would make most sense to me for the part controls (Pad, Drone, Motifs, and All) to operate as mutes, rather than start/stops.

In a related way, when the NDLR is the master MIDI clock, the MIDI start/stop are sent correctly when using the All Parts button. When using a single part control, however, it doesn't sync correctly with external gear. For example, I have my drum machine slaved to the NDLR, and I press the All Parts button to start, everything is synced properly, so I can use this to record MIDI to my DAW for later manipulation. For live use, however, I would likely want to start just one part, and when I start using on of the individual part controls, the sync is off by one beat (I can't remember whether it's ahead or behind off the top of my head).

Similarly, when I switch out a part while playing a Chord Sequence, and then switch it back in, it loses sync with the other parts. Is this because I have a setting wrong somewhere? The behavior I desire is, again, for the part controls to behave as mutes rather than actual pauses so that they maintain synchronicity.

Is there a formal issue tracker somewhere that I can search for other reports? I honestly can't tell whether any of the issues I'm experiencing have already been reported.

Messages In This Thread
Start/Stop Issues - by Alan - 04-27-2021, 06:48 AM
RE: Start/Stop Issues - by House de Kris - 04-30-2021, 11:24 AM
RE: Start/Stop Issues - by Jesse Johannesen - 04-30-2021, 05:06 PM
RE: Start/Stop Issues - by Jesse Johannesen - 05-01-2021, 06:40 AM
RE: Power cycle resets MIDI assignments - by Alan - 04-30-2021, 05:56 PM