Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does routing work with 2 MRCCs?
I see this in the manual:

Quote:MRCC-to-MRCC “remote” connection

Two MRCCs can connect to each other via the RJ45 cable. When 2 MRCCs are connected they will auto detect each other and the “=Y” icon in the upper right corner of the screen will illuminate.

The MRCC-to-MRCC connection extends the number of out-ports by 12x 5-pin + 4x USB Host + 1 USB device ports on the connected MRCC. In order to route MIDI messages to an extended out-port press and hold the “Y” button, then select the desired out-port. This mode works the same way routing MRCC out-ports but with Yellow LEDs (not blue). Press and hold the “Y” button while on the Activity screen and it will say “REMOTE” and show all the remote routings in yellow. Press and hold the “Y” button while on the Routing screen and it you will see that the out-port names are prefixed with an “r” i.e. “1 -> r4

This mentions out ports, but what about input ports? A single MRCC doesn't have enough inputs for me, so I'd like to have more. Is there any way for one MRCC (on my desk, for example) to utilize the inputs of a second MRCC (in a rack across the room) for routing?

Messages In This Thread
How does routing work with 2 MRCCs? - by cowboy - 06-03-2022, 12:36 PM