Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back up presets and settings via SYSEX/USB
(07-27-2022, 02:28 PM)mjchase Wrote: I always like to know that any preset work I do on any hardware device can be saved somehow, just like backing up data on a computer. I'm aware that the MRCC saves data to an internal SD card and that I can back up the contents of the MRCC by unscrewing a side panel and removing the card, but that's complicated and tricky given my setup.

I have the MRCC connected to two hardware keyboards and four additional synth modules, plus two chains of MIDI-controlled effects pedals, plus 4 inputs from hardware keyboards and a hardware sequencer, plus power for two USB devices. The MRCC is mounted on a guitar pedalboard and is (intended to be) permanently connected to the devices on the pedalboard. Detatching it and disconnecting some of the cables to get at the SD card is a fair bit of trouble. It'd be so much nicer to use a MIDI port or the PC port to send data to a PC, whether via Sysex or otherwise, than to have to unscrew my hardware to back up the data.

yes please!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Back up presets and settings via SYSEX/USB - by Stratblue - 12-14-2022, 07:41 AM