Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The MRCC or MioXL...
This might be a controversial thread because I am not sure on the policy on comparing competitors, but I would rather have upfront information going into a purchase than be let down afterwards.

I am in need of a midi hub but I’m torn between what is possible and my current/future needs.

Potentially I will need 8 inputs (3 usb)

⁃            Computer (Mac OSX)
⁃            MPC Live X
⁃            MidiKeyboard/Synth 1
⁃            Synth  2 - Polybrute (aftertouch, MPE etc)
⁃            Digitakt 
⁃            keystep pro
⁃            Ipad 
⁃            SQ5 Mixer (Mackie control, don’t mind plugging straight into laptop, but it would be wonderful if it could go via hub)

Depending on the capabilities of the midi router, and how easy it is to change channels… I can probably ditch the key step pro as it is limited to 3/4 channels and the sequencing would be possible on the poly brute.
 And the iPad is like a “would be nice to have” feature in order to control midi remotely in the network

Then with outputs, I have drum machines, synth modules and FX racks

10 midi outputs (3 or 4 have usb too)
2 usb only (op-1 and Elektron heat)
7 remote/sync only FX rack units/guitar pedals

Plus we also have the devices connected to the inputs, which from the looks of it can all be hooked up via USB, but if not, could potentially take my outputs from 19 to 24

I don’t see me needing any more than this as everything else would be in 1 in 1 out in terms of future buys and I have come down to the MRCC and the MioXL

I want to be able to master my setup from any of the input devices for dawless or daw driven control with little or no latency
 I like to record midi and audio on my DAW (I have a Mac OS) simultaneously 
I would also like to be cheeky and do some sequencing using controllers such as the Digitakt and key step pro which have their own routing capabilities

Also, are there any features I may not be explicitly aware about that I could benefit from? at most my experience is with a midi thru box 

Messages In This Thread
The MRCC or MioXL... - by mcmac72 - 08-02-2022, 05:16 AM
RE: The MRCC or MioXL... - by koenig - 08-07-2022, 09:33 AM
RE: The MRCC or MioXL... - by Jesse Johannesen - 08-07-2022, 04:56 PM
RE: The MRCC or MioXL... - by mcmac72 - 08-07-2022, 07:59 PM