Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MRCC (or NDLR) BUG notes dropping (watch video)
NDLR - MRCC Bug - YouTube 

Debugging above stole most of my weekend, it's a serious bug that needs fixing. 
Got a NDLR via USB1 out to MRCC 1
Got a Prophet-10 Rev4 (but same symptoms with any synth) on USB3 on MRCC 2
Used the conductor knob to route USB-1 1 on MRCC-1 to USB-3 on MRCC 2
Got USB 1 (AS-1) and USB 2 (PEAK) also armed on MRCC 2

You see me going through the config of both units in the video > Watch carefully, there are no midi loops or other stuff engaged.
Hear me play the pad, the pad plays a consistent triad chord.
Hear me engage LOCAL output 10 (blue led on MRCC 1) one of the 3 notes of the triad starts randomly dropping off.
Hear me engage REMOTE output 10 (yellow led on MRCC 1) 2 notes drop off and PAD plays monofonic. 
As you can see this is repeatable behavior. There is NOTHING connected to MRCC 1 or 2 Midi Out 10.
If impatient, watch from 2.25 you'll hear immediately the notes drop when engaging midi out 10 remote (yellow) and coming back when disengaging. 
MIDI OUT (Start/Stop) is OFF on the NDLR.

It seems to be a bandwidth thing. If I map the Prophet-10 from NDLR USB-1 out to USB-4 out it works fine.
Is the bandwidth dynamically distributed between the 4 USB outs? Or does each USB out only have 25% of the NDLR USB bandwidth and is 4 parts over 1 virtual USB ports too much?

Messages In This Thread
MRCC (or NDLR) BUG notes dropping (watch video) - by Raphie - 09-25-2022, 01:52 AM