Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Note values changing randomly when editing
Hi folks, really pleased to join the NDLR community ! Just a few words to introduce myself as it is my first post: My main job is sound engineer & mastering too but I also produce with others artists some progressive electronic music here in France with international artists. My configuration is hybrid , I won't speak of my peripherals here for mastering , out of subject , but about producing some old stuffs such as Akai S950 , Emu 3 , Roland MC303, Triton ProX with Moss extension, Oberheim OB12, Novation keyboard controller , Virus TI Snow ... The whole things are connected to Prism Orpheus & I work mainly in Pro Tools.
 As a happy owner of NDLR I discover each day new tricks Smile 

I got few questions , even after reading the manual 2.0 several times.

1- I would like to know why they are so many USB outputs & most of all why they are splitted with "ALL" & "1 to 4".

2- I've been unable to random the velocity of Motifs 1 & 2. No problem for affecting LFO , amount of randomness etc but when i record in Pro Tools the result on a midi track I just see many fixed values of velocity. So here is my second question : Is there a way to modulate randomly all the value of the Rythm editor once I found a nice motif? Note that I always put before beginning a session to put the velocity value in global menu to a decent middle value, around 64.

3- Could someone explain why when editing a motif (1 or 2) the note values suddenly change, even without a LFO modulation targetting it ? Those mysterious changing values appear only when I edit a motif. Once it's done , if I work in another window, say the rythm editor , there is no more values changes. Weird.

4 - About the rotator mode. Once I activated this in the menu I've been unabled to find a right configuration with USB keyboard to hear what I do (meaning rotating chords on a virtual instrument) while another midi channel send the transposing chords. I even experienced some crashes with Pro tools. That would mean a bad midi configuration. I would need to know the best way to configure in MIDI tracks how to use this wonderful rotator mode.

I am conscious it takes time to learn deeply this kind of machine. I already made some wonderful lines of motifs, chords with it. Really really beautiful piece of gear & so grateful to the team who created it.

Thanks for reading my post & helping me.
Arnold

Messages In This Thread
Note values changing randomly when editing - by arnoldorodeo - 01-12-2024, 01:06 AM