Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CC Mods and Midi Note Numbers
So I think my issue is coming down to me not understanding midi as well as I should yet -I just know enough to be dangerous- but I wanted to verify here my problem:

What I was hoping to do
I have 16 pads for drums on my Launchpad pro which I would like to use to trigger the 16 pads for drums on my mc 707. (yes i have too much gear for my own good, let's dismiss that).
This almost works fine, but the numbers (cc numbers? midi note numbers?) don't all align perfectly. So it leaves four pads on my launchpad that are unresponsive.
I thought "oh good thing I have an mrcc, I can just map those pads to their corresponding ones on the mc707!). This did not work.

even though I see the corresponding numbers show up in the mrcc midi monitor, I think I am now understanding that these are 'midi note' numbers and not exactly 'cc messages/numbers'. 
and therefore the cc modifier will not map these midi notes. 
Is that true? Am I now understanding that correctly?

to be clear - I have successfully mapped a mod pedal elsewhere to the filter cutoff on my volca keys, which is very cool, very happy for the mrcc for that, so I know mapping cc values can be done in that regard.

Is there another workaround I could use with the mrcc to change those midi notes/numbers? It seems 'note mapping' is not quite that from what I can tell, at least not for my needs anyway.

thanks in advance! I hope this is enough info to at least see the problem, but I can specify more if needed.

Messages In This Thread
CC Mods and Midi Note Numbers - by Ryan G - 01-22-2024, 11:13 AM
RE: CC Mods and Midi Note Numbers - by Ryan G - 01-30-2024, 10:52 AM