Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beyond "Confusing" Chained Channel Map Modifiers
Hey, I tried to respond to your email and it got sent back to me, I think there was a typo in your incoming email address. I guessed the correct one and hopefully that one will get through.

So having had a chance to look this over a few times I think I have the big picture. OK, I think I see a couple of areas that we're running into problems.

The Modifiers are all done in serial rather than parallel, so if you map ch4>5 in the first one then 5>6 in the second, then what goes in 4 comes out 6, and second, if you use the exclusive as Kris mentioned, then it will only pass the 4 channels of that instance of the Mod.

I am really pushing to change the way this works, I don't know if it's easily possible as data structures may be too deeply rooted to have their size changed easily, but if not I would like to create a different map option so that all channels can be moved wherever you want. I have set up a time to talk with Steve the dev, tomorrow and hope I can sway him as I would love to see this change and this is the exact type of thing that we should be able to do...

I want to be able to block any channels as well as route all 16 channels, and I don't want routing say, 2 to 4 to prevent me from routing 6 to 4 as well, which we currently don't allow.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beyond "Confusing" Chained Channel Map Modifiers - by Jesse Johannesen - 02-12-2024, 06:11 PM