Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MRCC Freezes when KS37 is connected via USB
Hey guys,

i recieved my MRCC today and it's such a wonderful machine, thanks for creating such an useful device =)

However i'm facing a problem:

I'm using a Squarp Pyramid which is connected via USB to the MRCC as a main sequencer.
I have two Keystep37's which are connected via USB to the MRCC as midi controllers. 
Midi In of each one (sync and start/stop filtered) is going into the Pyramid, Pyramid's midi out is going into the Keystep37's for tempo sync and start/stop (notes, cc and program change are filtered) and also unfiltered to my synths ofc.
The MRCC is always freezing after a while of playing with the KS37's. The issue can be reproduced very easily. Just use the arp on hold on the KS37 and let it play for a while.

Things i've tried:
- Upgrading the FW on the MRCC -> same
- Upgrading the FW on both KS37's -> same
- Using only one KS37 instead of two -> same
- Powering the KS37's with a dedicated power supply instead of power over usb from the MRCC -> same
- Playing around with midi filtering settings -> same
- Connecting the Pyramid via midi -> same
- Connecting the KS37's via midi -> solves the issue, rock stable for ~30mins of flooding midi into my synths via both arps and recorded stuff from the pyramid directly.

It seems like there is a bug or sth like that.
The problem is i really need all the midi inputs (quite large setup) and don't want to buy/use an extra device. A big reason for my purchase were the 4 usb inputs.

If you need further testing, just tell me, i'm happy to help to solve the issue. =)
I'm based in germany, regarding the time zone.

I hope you can reproduce the issue and can fix it.

Best wishes,
Dennis

Messages In This Thread
MRCC Freezes when KS37 is connected via USB - by TakeCareOfMyMidi - 03-31-2024, 02:00 PM