Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mrcc880 no midi f/ Keystep 37
New owner of an MRCC 880 here. I'm pretty new to MIDI workflows and I can't the get the MRCC 880 to receive Midi note data from my Keystep 37. It receives and sends data from my Roli Seaboard Block M just fine, but nothing registers from the Keystep. I know the Keystep is sending midi data, as indicated both from Ableton and from Arturia's midi control center. I've double checked the 5-pin din cable and it works fine when sending midi out of the Keystep directly into my desktop Hydrasynth. However, when I try and route through the MRCC 880, I get nothing.

Can anyone shed some light on why these two devices aren't communicating?

Big thanks in advance for anyone willing to assist,

Stephen
The other thread you followed mentioned that they were having issues with the Hydrasynth as well. Not sure why that would be, but I know we have one in the lab, so I can ask Darryl to set up a test.
(09-17-2024, 12:50 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: The other thread you followed mentioned that they were having issues with the Hydrasynth as well. Not sure why that would be, but I know we have one in the lab, so I can ask Darryl to set up a test.

Hi Jessie, Thanks for chiming in. Actually, it is not Hydrasynth issue. I've since done a little more trouble shooting and it turns out the MIDI IN 2 (on the MRCC 880) is defective. My controllers and synths work through the 5-pin ins on channels 1,3 and 4. It's just #2 that isn't transmitting any data. I'm hopeful I'll be able to get a replacement sent quickly.
Got your email, we'll get you set up for a replacement. Go ahead and follow the return instructions I included and we'll get that rolling.
Cheers.