Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug: MRCC stops creating new routes
I've encountered this twice now: for an unknown reason, MRCC stops creating new routes until I power cycle. Routes can still be removed and the interface is otherwise responsive, but new routes simply don't get created.

This is on latest firmware (071)

Actually, this situation has more symptoms: MRCC stops routing events when this happens. Interface does stay responsive though you can't create routes.
It sounds to me like you may be hitting the limit of routings (I think it's either 48 or 44) after which no more routings can be created. You mention the MRCC stops routing events, do you mean all the connections which are already routed? If so this may be something else, what should be happening is if you hit the max, the device no longer routes new connections, but otherwise behaves normally. If you don't have 48 (or 44, whichever it is) routings connected when you experience these symptoms that would be another indicator that somethings else may be at play. Maybe send me an email to support@conductivelabs.com with a followup and we can try and see if I can get mine to do it.
Jesse
What are you considering a routing? I’m not aware of this in the manual.

Is a routing considered towards the limitation only midi in to midi out? Or does that limitation also consider port in/out filters, mods, etc? 

Is that limitation doubled when you have a second MRCC or increased with the remote7?
I just ran into this limitation. I wasn't aware that there was a limit to how many port routes you could setup. I am using all 6 midi din inputs, all 4 usb inputs and 8 of the midi out dins and I see that I cannot setup routes between all the ports I need.

Is this a limitation due to the software design or something else, because I would think that with this many ins/outs available, one would be able to setup routes between all of them simultaneously. But you can't, it just stops allowing you to enable additional outputs once it runs out of routes.

The only way around this I can see for me at least is merging inputs or outputs using external midi mergers before going into the MRCC so that I can stay within the routing limit, but to me that sort of defeats the whole purpose of the MRCC (i.e. to be able to handle all of my gear routing based on the physical inputs and outputs) and also then doesn't allow me any filtering etc. between those merged devices.

Is there any way around this? It would be nice to hear from the devs on this.

Thanks
As I mentioned above, there is currently a limit of (I believe it's) 48 routings per patch. We ran into some unknown instability when this number is increased, and we are looking into figuring that out, but the cause hasn't been illuminated yet. It is at the top of our list for potential problems to solve, though. I will make another push and see if I can get Steve to look into it again soon.

A routing is any connection from one input to one output, or in other words: anywhere you can put a modifier.
(04-23-2024, 10:38 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: As I mentioned above, there is currently a limit of (I believe it's) 48 routings per patch. We ran into some unknown instability when this number is increased, and we are looking into figuring that out, but the cause hasn't been illuminated yet. It is at the top of our list for potential problems to solve, though. I will make another push and see if I can get Steve to look into it again soon.

A routing is any connection from one input to one output, or in other words: anywhere you can put a modifier.

Thanks Jesse. Yeah, it says nothing about this in the manual from what I have found. Would have been nice to know before investing in this and thinking I was hitting some sort of bug. Sad 

I also submitted a support ticket before seeing this reply.

Looks like my only option is to add MIDI mergers and splitters to my setup (which is what I thought I was avoiding by using the MRCC).