Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switch between AKAI MPC ONE and PC as main DAW (sequencer, clock)
I want to switch which DAW I can use. On the one hand I use the AKAI MPC One and on the other hand my PC. Now I would like to make either the MPC or the PC the main sequencer and main host depending on which setup I have. How do I have to connect the devices to enable me to do this. There is only one HOST USB port. Thank you for your support.
When you say Host port I think you mean Device Port, the MRCC has 4 Host ports and 1 Device port labeled PC.

I believe the MPC is only compatible with the PC port connections for USB, but it's been a while since I had it connected. What that means is that if you need to connect to the device via USB, then you'll either need to have the Computer connected via DIN ports or have parallel setups where you change which device is connected to the PC port and load a different setup from the save menu. This is why we include 3 User templates in the save menu.

It is always another option to connect to the MPC via DIN cable connection, and keep the PC port always connected to the computer.
(07-26-2023, 11:22 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: When you say Host port I think you mean Device Port, the MRCC has 4 Host ports and 1 Device port labeled PC.

I believe the MPC is only compatible with the PC port connections for USB, but it's been a while since I had it connected. What that means is that if you need to connect to the device via USB, then you'll either need to have the Computer connected via DIN ports or have parallel setups where you change which device is connected to the PC port and load a different setup from the save menu. This is why we include 3 User templates in the save menu.

It is always another option to connect to the MPC via DIN cable connection, and keep the PC port always connected to the computer.
In my old setup I use a USB port host switch box where I can connect two USB host port cables and this box goes to the MIDI router/switch where all the synths are connected. I can use a switch on the USB port host switch box to decide which device (PC, MPC) is now the main DAW. That's exactly what I'm looking for for the MRCC. But since it only has one dedicated PC host port, I'm unsure how to solve this without this box (attachement)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-26-2023, 11:16 PM)mrcc_user12123 Wrote:
(07-26-2023, 11:22 AM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: When you say Host port I think you mean Device Port, the MRCC has 4 Host ports and 1 Device port labeled PC.

In my old setup I use a USB port host switch box where I can connect two USB host port cables and this box goes to the MIDI router/switch where all the synths are connected. I can use a switch on the USB port host switch box to decide which device (PC, MPC) is now the main DAW. That's exactly what I'm looking for for the MRCC. But since it only has one dedicated PC host port, I'm unsure how to solve this without this box (attachement)
Any ideas or solutions or is it possible to add such a feature?
thx
(07-28-2023, 03:12 AM)mrcc_user12123 Wrote:
(07-26-2023, 11:16 PM)mrcc_user12123 Wrote:

Any ideas or solutions or is it possible to add such a feature?
thx
If the MRCC would support RTP there would be a way to switch between two DAW´s without using a dedicated USB HOST Switch Box.
I think you nailed the problem on the head, since there is only one Device port there is no way to swap between two ports unfortunately. If you still have that splitter, it may be worth testing it out, but I can't say whether it would work or not as I'm unfamiliar with the device. May be worth a try.
The RJ45 port on the MRCC isn't an ethernet port, it just uses the same plug. There's not a way to utilize RTP with the MRCC.
(07-30-2023, 03:14 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote: I think you nailed the problem on the head, since there is only one Device port there is no way to swap between two ports unfortunately. If you still have that splitter, it may be worth testing it out, but I can't say whether it would work or not as I'm unfamiliar with the device. May be worth a try.
The RJ45 port on the MRCC isn't an ethernet port, it just uses the same plug. There's not a way to utilize RTP with the MRCC.

ok. thx, so the MRCC is not the right tool for me. I will send it back to thomann and will exchange with the iConnectivity mioXL. its cheaper and does the same and more (RTP of example)
FWIW, I have a USB switch box connected to a controller keyboard. The two outputs from the USB switcher go to the computer and the MRCC. I had to go through a few different switchers before I found one that worked in my setup
Thumbs Up 
(07-31-2023, 05:14 AM)oldgearguy Wrote: FWIW,  I have a USB switch box connected to a controller keyboard.  The two outputs from the USB switcher go to the computer and the MRCC.  I had to go through a few different switchers before I found one that worked in my setup

Everything works now. I was a bit complicated but now all works. perfect. never worked better bevore.
thx conductivelabs
That's great to hear! Congrats.