Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIDI PC message issues
My NDLR does not seem to respond to MIDI Program Change (PC) messages to select presets.  When I send the PC number, nothing happens.  I can recover the presets manually using the physical controls on the device, but I primarily control the NDLR via external MIDI foot controllers, so using the NDLR's physical controls to change presets doesn't work as well for me.  Is there something else that needs to be transmitted with the PC message?  Or some other trick?  (For example, some of my external synths require an additional MSB/LSB number be transmitted along with the PC message.)

Thanks in advance?
The Program Change message should be received on The NDLR Control Channel. That's on Menu -> Settings page 1 -> top right (encoder 5). I think it's channel 15 by default.
(11-28-2023, 12:59 PM)Darryl Wrote: The Program Change message should be received on The NDLR Control Channel. That's on Menu -> Settings page 1 -> top right (encoder 5). I think it's channel 15 by default.

Thanks.  That's the channel I was sending the PC message on.  I changed the NDLR Control Channel to 12 for my use and transmitted the PC message on channel 12.  I've tried sending the number corresponding to the preset, as well as that number -1 -- since that's how many of my synths work.  (So, for example, when trying to select preset 3 I've tried sending PC 3 and PC 2, but neither loads preset 3.)  All of the other CC messages I try sending (chord, key, mode, pause/play, etc.) are received by the NDLR on channel 12.  But the PC messages don't seem to be.

Some of the other issues I was having were the result of older firmware.  I loaded and installed the new firmware, but this PC issue persists. 

Thanks in advance.
I tested this on a unit here (running 1.1.086) and it works as expected. I set up a connection with my PC and opened MIDI Ox connected the NDLR USB port 1 as the MIDI target then send PC messages on channel 15 (mine is set to ch 15 all for NDLR Ctrl channel). With the NDLR on the Menu 3/3 page sending PC messages 1-8 (using only the first Bank) resulted in the green screen messages of the corresponding patch loading. If the bank is not correctly set to the lowest value it may result in an issue like you're experiencing, can you double check that value is set to the minimum for me?