Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Model:Samples
Hi I am trying to set up an Elektron Model:Samples in Abelton and control it of the Midi plugs vs USB through the MRCC. I have assigned it to P3 ->3 and 3->P3 but am having a few issues. The Samples uses a midi channel for each of the sample tracks 1-6 (T1-T6)as well as 7 for FX and 8 for Program change.

No matter what I do adjusting any of the knobs on the Max4Live  plugin only ever effect s Channel 1 (T1) Is the MRCC only capable of outputting to one channel on each of the MIDI ports? The assumption if I should be able to select the sample track and adjust from the plugin.

It's also super annoying that the ports are not able to be given names or be numbered at the very least.

Hey custa,
The MRCC can output to all channels on the MIDI Ports, provided that there aren't any channel filtering mods applied to the Ports. I recommend you try using a MIDI monitor program to see what is being passed. If you have a PC I would use MIDI OX, for Mac it might be called just MIDI Monitor. Here's how I'd do it:
1. Send the MIDI out of the computer on MRCC PC port 3,
2. Then send PC port 3 out to an unused PC input port (let's say 2)
3. Then in the MIDI Ox connect MRCC port 2 in to port 2 out
4. Then connect port 2 to the USB out with the Model Cycles.
5. In midi Ox open the midi monitor and select the incoming MRCC port2 to monitor.
6. Make changes and check for MIDI to see if all channels are passing.

It looks like the MIDI Ports are showing up numbered in the above menu, I don't know why they're not showing up in the one below.
The first one is Ableton, the second and third are the Max4Live plugin for the Samples that are all just marked as MRCC. 

I'll try to run through what you suggested when I get some time this week.