Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic question about routing midi clock/run to DAW
Hi there,
Just got an MRCC and am starting to set it up. 
Right now, I am using an analog Rytm as my master clock, with the MIDI OUT on it routed to MIDI IN #1 on the MRCC. I have confirmed this as function with other devices.

When I tap the green button on MIDI IN 1 and then tap the blue / right button on PC, it never actually sticks. In Ableton, MRCC Port #1 is set to both sync and remote. Is there no way to send MIDI from an external device to the PC DAW? I am probably misunderstanding something very basic here, apologies for the noob question.
Both sending to and receiving from the PC requires selecting one or more (of 12 max) virtual connections (ports).  In your scenario, hold the right PC button and select any of the 12 output buttons while holding, and that number(s) will correspond with available MRCC ports in your software, of which there are 24, 12 input and 12 output, which can then be assigned to an instrument or controller such as your drum machine.  I've heard Ableton can sync to external clock; most DAWs apparently can't.
Dark waves is correct. I just wrote out an explanation for this in another thread I will link below, but the jist of it is that the USB PC ports are all independent of the front panel connections, you can think of it like a patchbay with 12 in and 12 out ports on the back, and 6 in and 12 out ports on the front, but you need to connect them together to use them.

PCin1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 PCout1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12

DINin1,2,3,4,5,6 DINout1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12
Routing from DIN to DIN is easy, press a source (any input) then press all the destinations you want that sent to. To route to the PC from the DIN inputs, press the source button, then press and hold the right hand PC button and pick the PC ports you want to sent to with the now lit up DIN out buttons.
Routing from PC to DIN is as follows: press and hold the left PC button and select the source you want from the now lit up DIN out buttons, then release the buttons and press the DIN out buttons you want to send that source to.
It's an extra step and it's a little tricky to wrap your head around at first, but once you get it, you're set.

https://conductivelabs.com/forum/showthr...23#pid7523

https://conductivelabs.com/forum/showthr...23#pid7523