Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
any way to preorder?
I also would like to get on the MRCC preorder list when it goes live. Subscribed. I just purchased the NDLR and can't wait for it to arrive.
(05-30-2020, 10:25 AM)benjaminbacon Wrote: I also would like to get on the MRCC preorder list when it goes live. Subscribed. I just purchased the NDLR and can't wait for it to arrive.
Congratulations, you're going to have a lot of fun with The NDLR. We'll let you know when the MRCC goes live.
Cheers,
Jesse
Yes, me to, I’d like to be noticed to pre order one.. ?? Thanks you
I also missed the Kickstarter and would have gladly backed it had I caught it in time. Looking forward to the next ordering period and eventually receiving the MRCC!
(08-01-2020, 08:07 PM)Vecchiarelli Wrote: I also missed the Kickstarter and would have gladly backed it had I caught it in time.  Looking forward to the next ordering period and eventually receiving the MRCC!
Thanks for the interest, we're pretty excited about it as well. Be sure to subscribe to this thread and we'll post an update when we're ready to take some orders!
Jesse
(05-30-2020, 08:50 PM)Jesse Johannesen Wrote:
(05-30-2020, 10:25 AM)benjaminbacon Wrote: I also would like to get on the MRCC preorder list when it goes live. Subscribed. I just purchased the NDLR and can't wait for it to arrive.
Congratulations, you're going to have a lot of fun with The NDLR. We'll let you know when the MRCC goes live.
Cheers,
Jesse
I’d like to get in line for a MRCC as well.— Glenn Smile
Hi Jesse,

Also keen to be notified when orders are open again. The NDLR is great fun and the MRCC ticks so many boxes for my set up.

Thanks,
phil.
(08-11-2020, 04:52 AM)phil Wrote: Hi Jesse,

Also keen to be notified when orders are open again. The NDLR is great fun and the MRCC ticks so many boxes for my set up.

Thanks,
phil.
My NDLR is on its way for delivery by the 17th of Aug.  Can’t wait.  Next up MRCC.  Big Grin
Ahhhh the anticipation is killing me! I literally need the MRCC in my setup to serve as the master input hub for my various keyboard equipped synths, hardware sequencers, and MIDI controllers so they can route all their non-clock related MIDI data quickly and on-the-fly to the 4 (and soon to be 5) E-RM Multiclocks that are currently keeping all of my outboard gear perfectly in sync with Ableton.

After years of frustration with MIDI jitter and clock sync drifting between the DAW and my hardware instruments, I had finally given up on the possibility of attaining a super tight sync setup between hardware and software instruments via DAW generated MIDI clock and began relying on either drum machines or hardware sequencers to define the tempo and grid while I recorded the first take, which would then be adjusted to sit correctly on the grid in Ableton afterwards so time based software FX and other elements that were added in-the-box would be in sync. While this approach worked well enough when just using a few devices at a time, the variances in MIDI processing time between different instruments would eventually rear their ugly heads and the timing issues were exacerbated as more devices were added. This drove me nearly insane and made me want to start working inside the box entirely quite a few times just so I wouldn't have to deal with all of the corrections required to make the jitter riddled takes usable. Thankfully, a proper solution to this problem has finally been developed. Using an audio pulse signal sent out of the DAW at the project's sample rate, the Multiclocks eliminate all of those headaches by providing rock solid MIDI clock with essentially no jitter whatsoever and have independent timing adjustment settings per port so each device is guaranteed to play exactly in time with the rest of the instruments while also recording perfectly in time and on the grid (when desired of course) in Ableton.

Since each Multiclock has 4 MIDI OUT ports but only one traditional 5 pin MIDI IN port, I'm presently limited to controlling the 4 devices connected to each specific Multiclock by whatever keyboard or sequencer is connected to its MIDI IN port. That can be worked around a bit with merge boxes and also by running the MIDI through the computer and then back out to the Multiclock and relevant port in question but this introduces more latency and isn't nearly as quick as a dedicated MIDI routing device. Before the Multiclocks I wouldn't have dreamed of the possibility of multiplexing several MIDI sequencers between all of my instruments because the timing would have ensured it to be a chaotic mess! But now, being able to press play and keep Ableton, the sequencers in my 4 Elektron boxes, the sequencers in the Roland TR-8S and the MC-707, a Toraiz Squid sequencer, and all of the sequencers in my other synths like the Quantum and Medusa as well as the sequencers in my modular (oh yeah the Multiclocks do that too) in perfect sync is just shy of miraculous!

Quite frankly, I wish the MRCC had at least 2 to 4 more MIDI DIN inputs since between the Quantum, Hydrasynth, FANTOM-6, Expressive E Touché, KordBot, Toraiz Squid, Theoryboard THY333 and Torso T-1 (when they arrive), along with a set of MIDI drum multi-pads merged into one output I'll already be using up all 6 MIDI inputs including the TRS jacks as well as all 4 of the USB inputs. On the output side, those sources will be routed to 4 MIDI OUT DIN's feeding the Multiclocks with a 5th Multiclock being added eventually down the road. I love hardware sequencers for their tendency to take me to places I wouldn't have reached by just playing or inputting notes in Ableton so the power afforded from combining the Multiclocks with a highly configurable MIDI routing system opens up the possibility of trying out unique sequencers that might be terrible for writing full tracks but are wonderful for quick improvisational work without having to make major changes to how each instrument receives it's clock and MIDI data. If there's ever a way to reverse the MRCC MIDI DIN sections so there's 10 MIDI DIN inputs plus 2 TRS MIDI inputs that feed to 4 MIDI DIN outputs, a TRS MIDI output, and a shared MIDI DIN + TRS MIDI output I'll hit the satisfied customer supernova point!

Regardless of whether that niche case scenario ever becomes a reality (or is even possible), the MRCC appears to be an extremely elegant answer to a problem most people with a lot of hardware sound modules face and I absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on one!
I agree with you Veccharrelli... the more I/O would be really nice.  Maybe the next incarnation ... The SuperNDLR

Wink