Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New input routing functions - mute / solo
Mute / solo for routings should work in relation to a single input port. They should be remotely controllable, possibly via note on/off messages.

This would be useful for example when having a single "universal controller" input (i.e. Faderfox EC4, Electra One, or simply a master keyboard controller) with configurations for multiple devices with overlapping midi channels that are spread across multiple outputs, where the channels are obviously not overlapping on a single output (i.e. 50 channels on 4 outs, with most of them being utilized on 3 or 4 ports, each for a different device).

So when having devices on 4 outputs and having all those outputs mapped to the controller input, it would be possible to remotely from the controller itself mute the routings to the outputs 1-3 and only control devices on output 4 until deciding it's time to control devices on output 2 and soloing that routing.

I realize this could be accomplished by manually creating and removing routings and / or by having multiple presets and toggling between them, but for my case, that seems much more complicated then being able to solo / mute routings remotely ideally while having a visual feedback on the MRCC LEDs.